Happy Mothers Day!
What a great day! I am so lucky to be a mom. Somedays it is hard, but I love it. This year Shay was so excited for Mothers Day that she woke me up "Mom are you ready to open your present?" I opened one eye, looked at the clock and said "not yet". I went back to bed. An hour later "Mom are you ever getting up today?" It was now 7:30. I reminded myself that this was what being a mom was all about. I sat up and opened her present. She made me a pinch pot at school. It was the most beautiful pinch pot. She also got me my favorite gummies and a sweet card that read:I appreceate when you let us eat outside. I appreceate when you laugh. I appreceate when I forget my lunch you go get it for me. I love when you give me a hug.
So sweet!
Carter brougt home a paper he had filled out about me for Mothers day.
My mother. She is 4 years old. She is 4 feet tall. She weighs 4 pounds. She loves to eat macorni and cheese. She likes to wear pants. While I'm at school she goes shopping. She likes to play. She doesn't like to play the wii. It makes her mad when I don't pick up my toys. It makes her happy when I give her a hug. I love her because she takes care of me!
At church Carter said to me "Thank you mommy thank you for being my mom, I love you" I even got a kiss.
I laughed and felt super loved by my children. I am so happy our home is filled with hugs and kisses.
I have so much gratitude in my heart for my mom and mother-in-law. They are both wonderful examples of moms and I learned so much from them. My mom is one of the most selfless people I know. She is always worrying about others not herself. She was never pushy or overbearing. She waited for me to come to her and then she would listen. She was such a big help to me when I worked. She watched my kids and loved them as I would have. I love you Mom!
Dale's mom is no longer with us but her legacy lives on. I would not know how to cook if it wasn't for her. She was amazing in the kitchen. She always treated me as her daughter even when I was just dating Dale. When Dale was on his mission she would call me 3-4 times a week to check up on me. She raised an incredible son. I will always be grateful to her for all the love she showed me. I love you Cathy! Happy Mothers Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment