Friday, December 31, 2010

My Eye!

Shayla woke up yesterday with crusties in her eye.  I didnn't think much of it until later that morning when I was doing her hair I noticed that around her eye was getting red.  I decided to play it safe and take her into the doctor because we had New Years Eve plans.  Sure enough the doctor said she had a cold in her eye and it was a form of pink eye.  She was so sad and started to cry "I am not sick but I am contagious".  She was really heart broken that we had to stay home and not let anyone come over.  I tried to make her day fun.  She made a Zoo with all of her stuffed animals and we made tickets and Daddy was even able to visit the zoo when he got home.  We also baked a birthday cake for her baby who was having a birthday that day.  Carter was so excited to eat cake but more excited to help me clean up and wash dishes.





This morning Shayla came into my room and said "mom I can't open my eye."  I went and got a warm wash cloth to help get the crusties off and I hear Carter in the other room "MOM MY EYE!"  I go into the other room and he wasn't able to open his eye.  I was like this is going to be a great New Year's Eve (haha).  Both of our kids are stuck at home with me and Dale for the night.  We called and canceled all of our plans and decided to try to make it as fun of a day as we could.  When Dale got home from work we went to Grandpa's house where daddy pulled the kids around in a sled with the four wheeler.  It was really cold but they loved it.  Then we came home and I had made sweet pork burrtios and cheese cake.  We didn't get to share the night with a lot of people like we are used to but it was a lot fun playing the kid games like connect four and the color game.  I hope this means that we will spend a lot fo time together as a family in the new year. We had a great 2010 and hope to have an even better 2011.


2 comments:

  1. How cute are you? You are the best mom!

    Darn pink eye! :( We are stuck at home by ourselves too, but the cold is in our bodies not our eyes.

    P.S. I can see your cute belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you! I wish Shay didn't get it! Sounds like you swept in and made the day wonderful. You are such a good example to me. Hope it all gets better quick.

    ReplyDelete