Once she knew that she was going to have surgery she was very concerned. We talked lots about what was going to happen. Since Carter had recently been through the same thing she was looking for things to be the same. We went and got her some special surgery p.j.'s and a Fancy Nancy Doll she could take into surgery with her to help her feel safe. Daddy gave her a blessing the night before.
She woke up feeling really scared. She wanted me to do her hair just like Fancy Nancy even with a headband.
We were sceduled to be at the hospital at 8:00 a.m. We dropped Carter off with Melanie. He was very excited to go to Kay Kay's (Kaitlyn's) house. We arrived at the surgical center and went through all of the check in. As the time was passing and more doctors came in she was getting really nervous. The nurses all loved her Fancy Nancy and kept bringing other people into to see her.
When it was time to go to Surgery the doctor came in and told her she got to go on a wagon ride. She whipered in Dales ear "Daddy I am so scared I don't want to go". Good thing it was in Dales ear because I think I would have started crying. She was so brave and went inside the wagon without a look back.
The surgery only lasted about 30 minutes. The doctor came out and tol us that everything went fine and he also took out her adenoids. We ahd to wait another 30 minutes before we finally got to be with her. She was alert and very calm. We had to wait in the recovery room for another 3 hours before we got to go home. On the way home she did throw up but she did it in the bag so it wasn't to bad.
She has had a really good recovery so far and we are so proud of our brave little girl.
When she came out of surgery I wanted a picture of her in the hospital bed and she was trying to smile for it. I said "Shay you don't need to smile."
No comments:
Post a Comment