Wednesday, June 23, 2010

True Princess


Jack and Red took the girls on a princess adventure


Shay with Princess and the Frog

Shay and Cambrie doing service by tying blankets for chidlren


Best Friends

Having a Tea Party with Alice and friends

The girls got to spend a lot of time with Wendy, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell they taught them how to fly and played games with them.

Shayla was fitted to be a "true princess".  She was measured, by her smile, arms and length. The shoe fit just right which meant she passed the test and she was a true princess.

Shayla and I went to the Princess Festival again this year. We went with our good friends Cambrie and Melissa.  The girls had so much fun.  Shayla has been wondering for awhile now when it was going to be Kids Day because there is a Mothers Day and Fathers Day.  We decided that the day we went to the princess festival we would call it "Little Girls Princess Day".  I love when I get the chance to spend one on one time with Shayla.  The theme of the princess festival was "how to be true princess". If you ask Shayla what a true princess is she will say.."A true princess is a princess who washes herself so she is not stinky and the prince will kiss her when he comes because if she is tinky he will run away".  We did learn about keeping clean by washing hands.  They also learned that a true princess has a kind heart and is not mean to anybody.  She also does service and uses kind words. 
Shayla really enjoyed the fesstival but kind of had this scowl on her fave the whole time.  I kept asking her if she was o.k. and she would say "yes". I felt really bad because she didn't seem like she was enjoying it like she normally would.  I could feel that something was off I jsut didn't know what it was.  The next moring Shayla threw up and then told me it felt like she was swallowing bowling balls in her throat.  I took her into the doctors to find out she had strep.  No wonder she wasn't acting like her self the day before. 
Shay and I love going to the princess festival and seeing all of the princess and interacting and we can't wait to go next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment