Friday, June 8, 2012

I believe!

Shayla had a visit from the tooth fairy.  She did not loose her teeth the traditional way.  The dentist decided that she needed to have her two bottom teeth pulled in order for the permanent tech to grow in correctly.  She woke up excited on the day that her teeth were scheduled to be pulled. " The tooth fairy is coming tonight!"  she exclaimed.  Then as we got closer to the dentist office she started to have a lot of questions.  Will it hurt mommy?  How do they numb me?  How will I eat without my teeth?  When will my other teeth grow in?  Is the tooth fairy real?  
This question started a whole other conversation.  I asked her to do you believe tooth fairy's are real?  Yes! I believe!  I think my tooth fairy will be pink with lots of sparkles.  When we pull into the dentist Shays face seems void of color.  She is really nervous.  I ask her if she would like to say a prayer.  She wants me to say it.  We bow our heads and close our eyes as we are sitting in the dental parking lot.  
When the prayer is done she looks slightly calmer and I think Yes! I believe!  and I am so thankful to know that we can pray to our Heavenly Father in a parking lot and that he does hear our simple prayers.





Shay was so brave and didn't even shed a tear during the whole experience. She really liked the gas and it made her talk more than she already does.  That night we made a tooth bag to hang by her bed for the tooth fairy.  In the morning she discovered 2$ in quarters where her teeth had once been.  There was also pixie dust by the window where the fairy must have come.  Shay woke us all up and she was so excited!



1 comment: