Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shayla's 3!

Shayla turned three years old today. I think it is crazy that I have a three year old. Where has the time gone. We decided to have two birthday parties, one for each side of our families. My family is getting very big and so when you combine my family with Dale's it can get really loud. She had her first Party yesterday with Dales Family. She decided to have a Tinker Bell Party. She had a really fun day with her cousins. She even had a few friends stop by. She got very spoiled. She seemed to be a little confused about how old she was. She knew that she didn't turn tree until today but she also didn't want to be two anymore. We have made it a tradition with our kids to let them pick what they want to eat for their birthday lunch and Shayla chose to eat a pretzel with dipping cheese at the mall. This was the first time she got her very own. She usually has to share. These are some pictures from that party. After the party was over I took a nap with Carter and Dale took Shayla to the park. She was spoiled for two full days.






The Day finally arrived she was finally officially three years old. She woke up came running into our room.
Shayla: "Wake up mom, I think I see a new scooter downstairs. That is exactly what I wanted. I think I see other presents to. Wake up! Wake up!

Mom: Happy Birthday Shay. See if you can wake dad up and then we will go open presents.

Shayla: Dad, get up I see a scooter downstairs and presents for my Birthday! (Jumps up on dad and gets right in his face)

Shayla was really excited to open her presents and try her new scooter. We let her blow out a candle with her breakfast (strawberry coffee cake). She watched the Tinker Bell Movie, while I was doing her hair. We had this conversation.

Mom: Are you excited that you are finally three?
Shayla: Yes, I am so big like Kenzie.
Mom: Do you know what the difference between being 2 years old and 3 years old? 3 year olds always listen to their mom and do what they are asked.
Shayla: Mom, I don't think I want to be 3.

She can be so smart sometimes. Later that day we had another party and she got spoiled again. We had cupcakes that she had helped with. She got to put the sprinkles on top. It is a bitter sweet end of the day. I love watching her grow and learn. She amazes daily. It is also a little sad, I see how fast the time really does go by. I hope that I can cherish the time that I have with her as she grows. Love you, Shay.



No comments:

Post a Comment