Thursday, May 20, 2010

Six years!

Dale and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary.  WOW it has been an amazing six years.  Dale decided he would plan our date and he did such a great job.  He took me to the Anniversary Inn in SLC and we stayed in the Swiss Family Robinson room.  The room was so much fun, our bed was in the top of a tree.  He also had the room covered in flower petals.  Thanks, babe.  Then he took me Sego lilly in Bountiful for lunch and shopping at the gateway.  It was great to have a little get away.



I can't believe how fast time goes by.  I met Dale when I was a sophomore in high school and 11 years later here we are with such a great life.  I can't imagine my life without Dale.  He is such an amazing person and I feel very blessed to have him.  I look forward to all the amazing years we have ahead of us and I am so grateful for all the time we have had to spend together.  When we first got married I was still in school and working at Cherry Creek Framery and Dale was working on his own fixing computers.  We lived in a townhouse in Kaysville.  I think we both made around $8 an hour.  We didn't have a lot of money but I remember all of the fun things we did together those first couple of years.   One time I was in the kitchen washing dishes (because we didn't have a dish washer) and Dale came in and grabbed me and started dancing with me all around the kitchen.  It was such a simple thing but I will never forget it.  I love falling in love with him over and over again.  Now life is a little different and we often have a four and two year old who are usually in between us, even when we try to hug and I think Dale dances more with Shayla now than me.  I love this time in our life too.  It's fun watching him tackle and play with the kids and going to do things as a family.  Thank you Dale for an amazing ride through life.

4 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! I wish Dale would take me on a date...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are cute! Congrats on 6 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are Amazing, Congats on 6 years and heres to 90 more. We love and adore you both and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! You guys are so perfect for each other! Congrats!!! (I'll have to let Nate know to watch out for their next man date together since Dale is full of surprises!)

    ReplyDelete