After the egg hunt we came home to catch some of conference and the Bodily's joined us for some egg dying. The kids loved it. Carter loved dropping the egg in the dye and coloring them with markers. Shayla was also very excited and wrote her name on one of her eggs. They each got to color four eggs.
Later that afternoon me and the kids went to Amy's house for dinner and a movie while Dale went to the priesthood session with Trevor and Jason. They went to Lone Star for dinner and we ate from Noodles and Company. After dinner we watched the Chipmunk movie and Shayla laughed through the whole thing with her cousins. She even got to go outside and jump on the tramp which she loves to do. It was fun to spend time with my sisters and laugh about all the sily things that happen in our lives. I am so lucky to have such great sisters as my friends.
Earlier in the day we stopped off at Cathy's grave and put some Easter lilies on it. Shayla loves visiting grandma's grave and often calls the cemetery "heaven". I am so grateful for Easter and what it means to us. We talked to Shayla about why we celebrate Easter. That it means because of what Jesus Christ did for us we will be able to see grandma again. Her answer was "I know". I love the faith that little children have and hope to have that same kind of faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment