A getaway to Cancun Mexico. My FIL invited us to go to Cancun Mexico 3 years ago right after he went there for his honeymoon. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to go. As the trip got closer things started to go crazy. We planned on my mom coming to stay with the kids but then my dad got sick and she wasn't able to help us anymore. Thankfully I have wonderful sisters who stepped in and made it possible for us to go. As the trip approached I felt anxiety over leaving the kids. I have so many wonderful friends and family that reassured me that all would be well.
We were gone for 6 days and we really had a great time. It is so easy to forget how fun it is to be together without all the interruptions of everyday life. We spent most of our time relaxing by the beach or swinging int the hammock. The water was so clear and beautiful. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to see the sun for 6 days straight.
Dale got Scuba certified back in November so he was super excited about the dive he had arranged. It was a 3 hour commute by taxi, ferry,bus and boat to get there. It was worth it. Dale had arranged for us to be on our own boat. We had a dive instructor louis and a captain Carlos. I had no desire to scuba but I did snorkel. I was very reluctant at first but ended up loving it. We saw sharks, starfish, all kinds of fish, eagle rays and Dale was able to see lobster and crabs. At one time they were being circled by 6 sharks. It surpassed all of his childhood dreams. He finally swam with the sharks!
The food was o.k. it looked better than it tasted but I am a picky eater. Dale really enjoyed using his spanish skills to communicate and I felt safe with him by my side. He says he speaks like a 4 year old but understands much more. This was very helpful when we were on a bus or needing a taxi ride
I loved having this time with my husband. He is pretty amazing and I feel very blessed to be married to him. I can't believe we have known each other since we were 16. Oh how we have grown up and yet I still feel like it was yesterday he sat behind me in seminary. When I was 17 I wrote in my journal "I am going to marry Dale one day." I love the life we share together and look forward to the future with him by myside. It was also wonderful not to cook or clean for a week.
We came home to 2 little girls who missed us and 1 little boy who had to warm back up to us. I am not sure if he was mad at us for leaving him or was to busy to miss us. After 10-15 minutes he finally ran to us for hugs. Shay was very happy we were back and she could sleep in her own bed. Addie kept thinking we were taking her to somebody else and would grab the suit case and drag it to the door. She did let us cuddle with her for a long time. My sisters spoiled them and they even went to chuck e cheese while we were gone.
ahhhhhh love you guys! I still remember the first time Dale picked u up. haha I think it was the first time I just remember his moms red pontiac.
ReplyDeleteCancun looked like you had a blast.Glad your back home safely.