Friday, February 1, 2013
Shayla was super excited tonight because she was invited to Barbie PJ party. She was anxious about her PJ's getting washed and being ready in time for the Birthday Party. She was taking her Brave barbie and wanted her PJ's to match. At 3 she came and asked if she could switch out the laundry. I explained how to do it and within minutes she wanted to learn how to put a new load in the washer. This time I got up and followed her. The dryer was running and she had successfully gotten all the clothes from the washer to the dryer and started it. I demonstrated how to do a load in the washer and then she followed my steps. It's so easy to forget how capable my children our and how much more they could help out. Tonight she even made me like laundry for a few minutes. She was smiling the whole time. The sad truth is they aren't always that happy to help out and sometimes it's just easier to do it myself. I hope I can be more patient and take the time to teach not just demand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look at you! right on top of things. So Proud of you!! BTW, You are a great mom and are way to hard on yourself.
ReplyDelete