Thursday, February 14, 2013




We decided we weren't going to do anything big for Valentines this year because of our trip.  We decided to spend the day as a family.  We decorated the kids rooms with hearts while they were sleeping.  Each heart told why we loved them.  Addie - we love how curious she is about the world. Carter- we love his persistence to try things even though they can be difficult. Shayla- we love her view of the world and her deep thoughts and questions.  Then we always leave a little surprise.  They really love waking up to this tradition. Dale surprised me by hand dipping strawberries and raspberries for me.  He even drizzled white chocolate on top. They were delicious!  It was really sweet. 

My favorite thing on Valentines day were the acts of kindness I saw. We were all rushing out the door to go to Boondocks and Carter was taking his time as usual. I ran to go grab the camera and when I came out I could hear Shayla describing to Carter how to tie a shoe as she was tying his.  It was so sweet and it is a far better picture than any I could have taken at Boondocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment